Assistant Bakery Manager
Location: Bend, Oregon
Shifts: Approximately 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. Monday through Friday with flexibility.
Pay: $37k to $40k annual salary plus benefits
Red Plate Foods Mission Video https://vimeo.com/465458803
We would love to meet you and test out a fit with our excellent bakery team! Please submit via email:
- Brief description of your interest in a bakery management position at Red Plate including management experience and style.
WHAT WE DO
Red Plate Foods mission is making life easier and more “normal” for people with special diets. We manufacture foods that are “Free From” top allergens + vegan + gluten free. Red Plate Foods products are available in grocery stores and served by airlines, schools and restaurants across the United States.
WE WANT TO MEET YOU BECAUSE YOU
- Are highly motivated and feel a strong sense of ownership when you witness your team achieving success.
- Enjoy working with and guiding a team implementing processes for efficiency and quality.
- Remain calm under fire.
- Are trustworthy and can be counted on to act consistently and with integrity.
- Don’t take yourself too seriously and can keep moving through failures toward success.
The Assistant Bakery Manager reports directly to the Bakery Manager. This position will be directly overseeing employees performing production activities in the bakery.
Shift will be approximately 2 p.m. to 10 p.m., 5 days per week.
OTHER DUTIES WILL INCLUDE
- Performing general bakery duties including mixing batches, scooping product, and ensuring a clean environment.
- Learning and gaining proficiency with a variety of equipment.
- Coordinate weekly production plans and employee schedules with the bakery manager.
- Maintaining cleaning logs and other paperwork necessary for food production.
- Training new employees.
- Directing bakery staff during the shift.
- Leading by example.
- A minimum of 1 year management experience.
- Physically able to repeatedly stand, bend, twist and lift 50 lbs throughout a shift.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a diverse team.
- Standing/Walking: Continual & fast paced – Most assignments and work functions are performed while standing.
- Sitting: Occasional – Few assignments can be completed while either sitting or standing and only applies to certain work areas and/or work functions.
- Crouching (bending at knees): Occasional – Crouching is necessary when lifting materials.
- Kneeling: Rarely – Kneeling to retrieve materials from the floor.
- Manual Dexterity: Continually – Required for all tasks including scooping/pressing/grasping.
- Lifting/Carrying: Frequently – All tasks require lifting and carrying boxes or bins of materials/parts. A typical weight range is 10-50 pounds.
- Push/Pull – Frequently – carts of product can weight 100+ pounds.
- Seeing: job requires the ability to read recipes, scales, and/or machine monitors.
- Production environment with regular exposure to noise, equipment & cleaning agents including bleach.
- Must adhere to Company safety policies and wear the required personal protective equipment.