Warehouse Assistant Job
Pay range: $15-$17/hr depending on experience.
Schedule: 7 a.m. – 4 p.m., Monday - Friday
WHAT WE DO
Red Plate Foods mission is making life easier and more “normal” for people with special diets. We manufacture foods that are “Free From” top allergens + vegan + gluten free. We’re growing quickly and Red Plate Foods products are available in grocery stores and served by airlines, schools and restaurants across the United States.
The Warehouse Assistant is responsible for preparing freight activities for inbound and outbound goods, helping with warehouse organization to ensure production team access to ingredients and fulfillment of online orders. Other responsibilities include inventory reporting of raw materials and finished goods, warehouse and labeling supplies.
- Conducts and reviews physical inventory counts of local warehouse.
- Manages shipping activities of inbound materials and finished goods domestic shipments.
- Drives a forklift adhering to safety requirements.
- Moves supplies from off-site warehouse to production facility.
- Delivers small orders of finished goods to local businesses in Central Oregon.
- Drives box truck to Portland and Salem metro area delivering pallets to distributor partners.
- Possibility of occasional overnight deliveries driving box truck.
- Available to work overtime when necessary to ensure on-time shipment.
A TYPICAL DAY MAY LOOK LIKE
- Open the warehouse and make a pot of coffee.
- Forklift ingredients and packaging to floor level for day shift production.
- Review your daily list of incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Label, photograph and file images of prepped shipment along with the BOL documentation.
- Download online orders and start pulling inventory to fulfill online shipments. Spot check packed boxes before sealing. Provide clear direction on necessary improvements and positive feedback on parts of the job done well.
- Tidy up the warehouse space, maintaining clear walkways, put away tools and dispose of garbage and recycling from production.
- Shuffle pallets in the freezer to push behind pallets for another same-day pickup.
- Greet an irritable driver who is running late with a smile, make a joke, offer some cookies and coffee and send him on his way in a better mood.
- Inventory finished goods, recording in Excel spreadsheet.
- Survey floor level inventory and replenish for production evening and early morning shift access to packaging and ingredients.
- Clean warehouse to be fully prepped for the next day.
SOFTWARE USED DAILY: MS Outlook, MS Excel, phone for image capture.