Since we opened our bakery in a tiny room attached to our home in beautiful Bend, Oregon in 2013, Red Plate Foods has supported organizations with a similar mission of making life more inclusive for those with special diets. Production overruns or unsellable (but otherwise delicious) foods are donated to local food pantries. We are also happy to support non-profit organizations doing wonderful work throughout our distribution footprint with in-kind donations and Red Plate Foods branded swag.
Causes We Heart
Red Plate Foods was founded based on building inclusive community. We often say that our business is not making cookies, granola or bread. Our business is making life more normal for people with special diets. Our current focus for building strong community is on food allergies, celiac awareness, hunger prevention and youth services. Please understand that we are still a small business, and as our brand awareness is growing, we have seen a substantial increase in both the number and dollar volume of request. While we wish we could accommodate all requests, we simply cannot.
We Cannot Contribute To
- Organizations without 501(c)(3) status.
- Organizations requesting in-kind donations less than 60 days prior to the event.
- Requests from public or private schools or education foundations. (We are sorry and know this is a population very in need of our products, however, there are just too many to support them all.)
- Religious purposes or activities.
- Individuals or private foundations.
- Political organizations/campaigns.
- Research projects.
- Film productions.
- Conferences, conventions or networking events. (Aside from a few local events in Bend and Portland, Oregon.)
- Athletes or sports teams.
- Organizations funding communities outside of the U.S.
Community Involvement Team
A cross-section of owners and employees meet once per month to consider donation requests. Requests may take up to 8 weeks from date of submission to process.
We do not currently offer cash contributions.
Our Community Involvement Team supports organizations within our distribution footprint with mouth watering treats, Red Plate Foods branded swag and VIP bakery tours.
Requests must be made 60 days in advance and include:
- Event name, date & date donation needed.
- Brief description of event & organization.
- How will Red Plate Foods be recognized?
- Other supporting organizations.
- 501(c)(3) document
- Submit requests to firstname.lastname@example.org